By Robin Brown
Chief Compliance Officer
WHAT IS COMPLIANCE REFRESHER TRAINING? WHY DO WE NEED IT?
Compliance training is the pillar of how employees act and is required at least annually.
Annual compliance training is designed to help employees keep informed and understand key policies and procedures, keep abreast of the latest updates in laws and regulations, and how to apply them in daily work.
In addition, the refresher training is conducted so that we can be reminded of our obligations and commitments outlined in the Code of Conduct. The code is intended to assist us in carrying out our daily activities within appropriate ethical and legal standards.
Compliance training can help:
- Employees understand and comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- Protect employees and the hospital from risks associated with potential legal and financial penalties.
- Improve the hospital’s reputation and image.
- Create a safe work environment.
This year’s training consists of two parts:
- A 30-minute learning module in Relias
- Review and acknowledgment of key policies and procedures
Individuals who do not complete both training components by October 31, 2023, will not be allowed to work until the training is completed. There’s plenty of time to complete the training but don’t put it off!
Get yours done today.