We are so proud that six EHS nurses have been recognized with the 2022 Pineywoods, which recognize and honor outstanding nurses from the Southeast Texas region. EHS also had the most nominations for nurses in our area. The nurses were nominated by their peers and supervisors and recognized for their exceptional nursing leadership and excellence in patient care. Winners received a certificate of appreciation and gift baskets, and four received fully paid vacation packages to resorts in Antigua. For EHS Chief Nursing Officer Cassie Kavanaugh the awards is a recognition to the skill, dedication and hard work of nurses from all across Emergency Hospital Systems.
The nurses who were recognized with the awards were:
- Tristin Hancock. Nurse at Texas Emergency Hospital in Cleveland and EHS-Deerbrook
- Jordan Small. Nurse manager at Texas Emergency Hospital in Cleveland and EHS-Deerbrook
- Estee Cokenour. House Supervisor and ER Nurse at Texas Emergency Hospital in Cleveland
- Ronna Baker. Employee Health Nurse for all four EHS locations
- Erin Medina. Director of emergency services for ERs at all EHS locations
- Vu Hunygh. ER nurse at EHS-Deerbrook
AccentCare Hospice and Palliative Care established the Pineywoods Texas Nurse of the Year Award in 2022 to recognize and honor dedicated nurses in the Southeast Texas region. Thank you to these organizations for creating this program and congratulations to all 2022 nominees and winners.