We are proud to announce that Emergency Hospital Systems has recently earned accreditation from the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ). This has been made possible by EHS’ continued compliance with CIHQ’s rigorous performance standards.
As part of the accreditation process, Emergency Hospital Systems (EHS) underwent an unannounced mid-cycle survey, in which a dedicated facilities specialist assessed compliance to the NFPA life safety code and performed tour visits throughout the facilities. The accreditation is valid for up to 36 months.
The core of the accreditation process is to assure that patients receive care in a safe environment by a hospital that complies with the minimum standards set by the federal government. With this accreditation, our hospitals will have access to educational tools and resources and will obtain the necessary support to provide services of the highest quality. Emergency Hospital Systems takes great responsibility on providing the utmost care to its hospitals and ERs.
We are deeply grateful to our staff, who made it possible to earn this important accreditation.
The Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) is the nation’s newest CMS approved accrediting organization for acute care hospitals.
The CIHQ’s accreditation program is based on the Medicare Conditions of Participation for Acute Care Hospitals (42CFR) and the interpretive guidance in the CMS State Operations Manual. There are additional standards that address key patient safety and quality concerns. CIHQ also offers disease specific certification in the areas of hip/knee surgery, heart failure, and primary stroke center.
With this accreditation, EHS will have access to a full array of CIHQ support services, including:
- Standards and interpretive guidance
- Alerts to changes in accreditation standards or the CMS Conditions of Participation
- A comprehensive resource library of template policies, tools, and other compliance documents
- An exhaustive reference library with links to both national and state regulations
- Monthly audio conferences on hot button accreditation and certification issues
- A large collection of education modules designed to address a wide variety of staff training needs
- The ability for staff to receive continuing education credit towards their professional licensure and/or certification
CIHQ is a private organization headquartered in McKinney, TX. It has been a consulting firm for over 400 hospitals throughout the United States since 1999. In 2011, it opened its hospital accreditation division and subsequently achieved CMS approval for its program.